Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Saturday, April 12, 2003

Tribute to my grandmother, Mdm Ngui Ah Khoon
A humble lady, unassuming, and play her motherly and grandmotherly role with perfection without pretension.
She is now afflicted with renal and heart failure, and the family decided to let her take the natural course. For me, it is quite a dillemma, being a med student and knowing the possibility of reversing it. However, i have spoken to two doctors, and they share the same view with my family members.

To see her semi-conscious and waiting for the final breath to take, can be very painful. For her and for me.
I salute this lady, who has lived a ripe old age, most of her lifetime spent in Falim,Ipoh, and has touched my childhood and early teenage a great deal. Teaching me humility and kindness. She never had the chance to go schooling, if not, she might have been prominent figure. May God bless her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home