Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Friday, May 23, 2003

I typed quite a lengthy mail, which I am sure not long-winded, political nor dragging. I was disappointed by the fact that free mail providers like the one I am currently and still faithfully using, Lycos,and also Yahoo, have limited the number of recipients per mail to around 20 or 25. Curious, inquisitive, and agitated as I was, besides the plentiful of time I have these days together with the free fast braodband availability, I resolved to find out why they actually came to a point to implement such restriction. Indeed, I was acknowledged! Firstly, to reduce the number of spamming. Secondly, to make sure that mails are sent to only active addresses. It is true that, the traffic on the Net, particularly, the World Wide Web, has become heavy and congested. People just simply sign up for new accounts, forget passwords then sign up for new ones, and let the addresses inactive for a long period of time. All these actually cause a lot of maintenance and load balancing works to be done at the backends; by the providers, the database administrators and web developers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home