Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Friday, June 13, 2003

I am grateful and gratified that I managed to register a very popular paper offered by the Faculty of Business and Accounting for my "kursus elelktif luar fakulti". I would like to apologize, especially to those in the "luar fakulti" management, for my biased and selfish remarks and interpretations regarding the way they were managing, organizing, and handling the registration. The management should be commended for allocating and reserving some places for many of the third year students, majority of them are like the fourth year students, in their final year of studies. I do not know exactly how many percent of places were reserved but I believe this is a fair and pertinent policy. In spite of this, I reckon that the "kursus elektif luar fakulti" or "KELF" in short, should still be restructured and reorganized. My suggestion is, why not UM reduce the number of seats for courses offered by the Academic of Islamic Studies, Academic of Malay Studies, and Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences and axiomatically increase the number of courses and also seats for courses offered by the Faculty of Business and Accounting, Faculty of Languages and Linguistics. The current structure is in a way that very less popular and beneficial courses, I would say, for example Alam Metafizik or Pengenalan Pengajian Islam, are offering more than 70 to 80 places each and some even reach a hundred, whereas, very popular courses like Japanese Language, French Language, and Italian Language, are just offering barely 40 places each.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home