Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Today I attended my first cyber law class. I strolled into the lecture hall at 9am sharp; punctual! But this lawyer lady lecturer, later I was acknowledged whose name is Janet Chew Li Hua, was in there before I actually found my way to a comfortable seat. A fantastic lecturer from the Faculty of Law. Remarkably fluent and proficient in both English and the Malay language. On Monday, the course briefing was conducted by the cordinator for Cyber Law, Puan Izura, who is also a lecturer in the Faculty of Law. She was in a way, an excellent lecturer; at least from my perception. I wonder, are all the lecturers from the Faculty of Law that "cekap"? And due this fact, the Faculty of Law in UM is so eminent and well recognised? What is lagging and lacking in other faculties especially my faculty? Why there are such big and stark distictness and discrepancies? After all, all the faculties are located in the same campus in Lembah Pantai? Perhaps, it is time for me to venture to another reowned and well established faculty in UM, the Faculty of Medicine. Nonetheless, I am adamant and still strongly believe that the student attitude in those faculties (Law and Medicine) is the main push and force that has actually brought them into a state of admiration and high regard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home