Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Thursday, December 11, 2003

If there is one thing Pang and I can agree on, it would be that Klang is more overwhelming, and tougher than we expect.

Me, being in the Primary Care posting, which relatively the least stressful, should not complain, but add it to my night schedule of returning to Medic fac for Christmas night, and then business plan, and then this and that, can be really overwhelming. It is a good thing we done lots of last minute crisis, and multitasking back then in ACS, it really helps us not to panic.

Pang, on the other hand is showing his skills at multitasking. He is in one of the toughest posting - Paediatrics, with long ward work, and having to withstand standing like an idiot (most of us MS feel like that), he also have to come down for Christmas night, and also, he got the Walkaton to organise and all that....he memang gila...

Maybe Ben and Kok Ming, or Pam can say to us,... "Aiya,...wait till you reach..." or " Aiya, like you also want to complain....."...

BUt anyway, Klang GH is not what we envisioned it would be. Beds are everywhere, lodgings all the time, and worst of all, medical students cannot lend much help to the healthcare staff ( lack of skills, and also their lack of trust, and the lack of co-operation between UM and Klang GH), what we do just clerking patients and presenting them... which indirectly cause more work for the nurses, and kacau the patients. No wonder some of them hate us... we are in foreign land, man,...unlike UMMC where we are welcomed most of the time....

As for me, you know what.... in this first week itself, I have to drive in Klang town in Chee Hoong's car ( he's really nice to borrow me his) to search for a GP clinic. I am attached to GP in Klang for one week. God really bless me la, to be able to find the place easily, and drive smoothly, and the doctor without knowing before hand that I am coming, is welcoming to me.

There is heavy load of Hokkien-speaking among the Chinese. I am always instantly relieved when I hear Cantonese or even Mandarin !!! Anyway, the GP that I am attached to is really good, macam Dr Lee Tong Weng, I guess.... inspire me to become the best GP in Ipoh next time.

Anyway, enough of Klang gibberish from me.

KarKIn, i will try to meet up with you all this Saturday, but cannot whole day okay? maybe the whole afternoon. Let's aim for efficient usage of time...no more jokes, no more wasting time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home