Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Saturday, November 15, 2003

Orientate Disorientation


Measuring Success
To me, in God's will and sight, the word success never exists. In fact, God doesn't need His success to be measured. It's beyond your and my imagination. Success came into the world with The Fall of Man. Sad. Devastating. Man began to pursue success. Success has since then, become the gauge of one's ability and strength. The first attempt to parade a huge success in history, The Tower of Babel, fell and was utterly destroyed.

Man is living not in control of himself. Man is just a creation. What you and I are having can be taken away in a matter of no time. A creation is supposed to obey and carry out duties according to the Master's will. For this very fact, there is a purpose, which I am still seeking, for me to be on this earth.

By sheer grace, I have what I have now, I possess what I possess now, mentaly, spiritually and physically. One might not be a Billy Graham, having a great success story, but one might be the one who brings up a Billy Graham, a great success story which will never be made known widely.

Contrastive
Opinions differ, so as feelings, thoughts, ambitions and dreams. I, humbly and seriously, believe in myself. At least I have faith and trust in the Almighty that He is helping and guiding me to doing accordingly and not taking and given assets just for granted. Success is not mine but His. All that I have and am going to have are of sheer divine grace and favour from God.

Doesn't mean that I need neither work nor struggle nor strive nor battle nor sweat nor labour. I know how much grace and knowing the will of God, will bring a greater joy in my life; not any results of hardwork will be able to provide.

In short, I am no longer looking at being successful in professional world as heavy as I used to be, at least for now. God's timing will tell it all.

"I am found, to find another
I am told, to tell another
I am won, to win another
I am saved, to save another"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home