Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Dear Teong, Kar Kin...

when other people are reading up surgery, I found a book - Introduction to Einstein, a pictorial guide with lots of physics and maths - I found myself intrigued for 2 hours at least.

I just found out that the principle of relativity is much more complex and harder to prove than the text in our Form 5 physics. Also E=MC2 bears a somewhat more shallow meaning, at the same time, the ultimate reflection of all the hoohoohaha in the principles of relativity, how we still use Newtonian equations in mechanics in our textbooks while actually it has been altered by Einstein before the WW2.

And Einstein has no direct hand in making the Atomic Bomb, much to my horror for being so ignorant till now. I am sure the E=MC2 indirectly inspired the real nuclear physicists - Curie, Fermi and Szilard to come out with creation of energy and the chain reaction. I forgot what I learnt about that.

Do you all know that Inertia is still a mystery, but a very important aspect in the argument that E=MC2 ?

Am I talking sense to you guys? Actually, I am again intrigued by all this science, after so long,... I was studying Form 6 with much pressure, that I hardly actually find relaxed joy in reading up about science.

Something must be wrong in the way they teach science in our schools, I was not inspired to take up a career in science at all other than medicine, probably had it been otherwise, I may even go all the way to be a physicists or a mathematician like Nash... and all that....

There are genius-es around, just that the environment does not promote the growth of minds....

What say you guys????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home