Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

As I was almost convinced that I would not have any blog to post and publish herein, I felt somewhat peculiar. Blogging has become a dominant force in directing and maneuvering my surfing activities. A moment ago, my newly and just downloaded and installed Netscape Navigator 7.02 browser hit ikanbakar weblog. Having read all those blogs in the morning, I instintively resolved not to glance over the left columm. Hence, I scrutinized the right columm, in which, the "UM faculty of medicine" link caught my attention and, fundamentally is the reason why I am blogging now! why? Criticise? Lambaste? NO! Then? Praise? Commend? NO either! I was in a state of wondering and curious! Being a computer science student and now "masquerading" as a "web developer", I couldn't control my mind not to think and sort out who are those architects who actually built and continue to maintaining that site? Primarily, it is due to the fact that the site is programmed using Java! Who are actually behind the scene? UM staff? or it is developed and maintained by freelance or hired web developers? This is just a trivial matter but it does boggle me to a certain degree :) Java is not really a big word and phobia to programmers but seeing for myself the standard of computer science studies in UM, I trust my hypothesis that Java is too huge and complicated for us rookies (with no proper and knowledgeable tutors) to apprehend! how much more using it to build web application! :/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home