Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Sunday, June 22, 2003

I have decided to reduce my blogging and writing activities for good. One, it is both a waste of endeavour and time because people don't seem to understand and respect the intention or opinions that are actually not parallel and in sync with their styles and tastes. Two, though I feel that I have done a lot of dig outs and ground works before I put my thoughts into words, actually I have not! I don't seem to take into accounts people's feelings and hearts which are so vulnerable and shallow, not looking beyond horizons. Perhaps, I am short-sighted too for the fact that not being able to see how people can be so petty, sensitive, green and easily disheartened by long and detailed and explanatory mails. Three, I have truly learned and understood that in journalism or writing or surveying, there is no way that you can manage to please every party that is taken into consideration. Four, for the time being, I believe that it is most appropriate that I withdraw from the battle ground and sit on the audience seat to watch and analyze situations and keep my mouth SHUT. Five, I should only discuss matters in suitable forums and also in exchanging views with only buddies who are really open-minded and receptive. Six, no doubt, I have been proved once again that majority of young Chinese studying in universities, are inclined or adhering to an attitude, I would say "self justification", just another version of "kiasuism" or "selfishness". Enough say. Bye...for good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home