Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Saturday, December 13, 2003

It was an intermittent rain in the afternoon, around 5pm yesterday, which hailed me to ride back home after reading newspaper in main library. Thus, I entered library again, wishing I could gain something new and unexpected.

So, I made up my mind to surf Net. There was no new mail since I had checked it at noon. Being in the situation of no direction, accidentally I thought of 1 blogger's website which I heard of it before. I was told that this is a must-see website since it was created by an Ipoh guy. It is Jonathan Poh website, which give me an undescriptable feeling at first impression. I was charmed by its simple yet eloquent, minimalist yet stylish web design. Its main page is so blessing, with the totally snowy white interface, with tiny but tidy font written in a well-arranged order.

Without reading his blog, I straightly had a glance of his resume and portfolio. As I could see, he completed his secondary education in SMK Sam Tet and accomplished his BA (majoring Multimedia) in RMIT University, Australia. I guess he is 2 years older than me, but has emerged as a talented IT expert, especially in web & graphic design and dynamic coding. This can be proven from his profolio, where he was involved in many web site design project.

I was totally enthralled with his effort and talent. But surprisingly he is still unemployed for 2 1/2 months. But I think that he had been the Australia PR since he revealed he is seeking for permanent job in Melbourne.

“… when an Australian employer sees your resume next to someone else who has the same skills and qualifications, who do you think he will choose, the Caucasian or the Asian guy?” This was a short message quoted from his blog. What a sad and fuming statement, if put in his situation. Hopefully he can get his job soon.

1 thing that come to my mind: he might be qualified enough to build a sophisticated web portal...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home