Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Friday, July 09, 2004

What and where I have been doing and hiding lately?

Greece shockingly won the Euro2004! I still believe that this is just an "one-off" achievement. European football powers definitely still have the fundamentals and much magic to show in coming years. Euro2004 is now over. Nevertheless, football fever is still lingering; with much less impact. Copa America is kicking in Peru but due to minimal publicity and live matches are only available through Astro, it only appeals to hardcore football fans and punters! Argentina hit 6 goals against Ecuador; the greatest result by far.

Back to my ownself. With the Euro2004 becoming a history now, I am starting to seek employment more actively and rather "desperately". Convocation will be on the 4th of August. Much to prepare for it. Going back to UM to take the robe and getting myself ready for all the formal events actually make me feel rather uncomfortable. Whatever, it is like, what people always say "once a lifetime experience".

I am equiping myself more for upcoming interviews. Revising all those basic subjects in computer/software industry; programming, database and networking. My mind is rotting and seems to lose touch with all the knowledge acquired beforehand. At the same time as I am doing my revision, I discovered that what I was taught at UM, is rather shallow and little. No wonder people always say local graduates are not competitive in the marketplace. Absolutely no doubt about that statement.

Of late too, Malaysia has become an unsafe country. Killing is so predictable and unavoidable each day. People can just simply take away people's or even friend's lives without much rational thoughts. Snatch-thefts happen everywhere at all times. A sign of a degrading society? or a sign of an unfit team of police? or a sign of economy turmoil? A lot of reasons behind all these inhuman acts but to me, football matches, bookies and loan sharks are the major players in this kind of evil game.

After applying to Siemens, I do various homeworks regarding the position I am interested in. I conclude that Malaysia is moving towards UMTS; a 3G broadband service where in short, everyone can access the internet or online all the times no matter where they are. The goal ultimately is to create VHE; Virtual Home Environment. NTT DoCoMo in Japan rolled out their 3G services few years back and their focus is to create "ubiquitous computing", in which your handsets will be able to do all transactions that matter your lives.

Communications, particularly wireless industry is blooming. A lot of terms or IT jargons are surfacing each other as we progress. Sooner or later, every moment in my life, I am going to realise how little I know about technology when genius minds around the world have prepared something that most of you and I could never imagine. As I continue to do my homeworks, I continue to dig out knowledge and it keeps me intrigued to know much! This is a kind of education that I never gained at UM but I do hope the coming generations will! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home