Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

There are 2 things I wish to address here.

1) I will miss Teong's presence here. I understand when someone does not feel like writing anymore. I will feel that soon, too. Felt before also. But I hope the cycle continues, meaning, Teong would 'chung chut gong we' one day.

2) I understand that The Big Thing may be too BIG in ambition, and grandeur. I am also apprehensive and sceptical at times. Actually, I am not even the tailo of this project. I am just helping out, especially in the emailing and internet networking side. I, for one, do not like formal formal things. I especially dread the college annual dinner or even Medical Society's Dinner and Dance, unfortunately, since Pang is the tailo, very hard not to go, have to give muka mah.
Anyway, now, compared to such dinners, The Big Thing is so much better, and worth it. Now, do we need to be pretentious during the gathering if this meeting really works out ? We don't need to. Other people may be happy to see you. There are many small-group gathering, those are exclusive ones, and does not involve everyone. Of course, in that one, one is more comfortable and really need not do anything extra. Well, The Big THing is only going to happen once, unlike the other gathering. And this gathering should help to facilitate catching up with old friends, that used to be close, but not so close now. Isn't it worth it to gather again, so that we can meet back old friends, reconnect a bit?
I am personally guilty of not spending enough time for my old friend, maybe I am helping this cause to justify things out,... hehe.... anyway, I am really hoping a big response to this, even though you don't feeel like it, I am malas too to dress up for such thing, and lazy to entertain people, but I really want to meet back some people at one time - people like wah hoo, chee wyai, kai, shu yee, chee meng, koy yee, all at once.

And the suggested dates are actually saturday nights, in a long weekend, meaning, there should be enough time to return to Ipoh for the saturday night. By now, I heard from a few that August is not so good compared to October. Okay, let's focus on October, there should be enough time to tell everybody, and also plan our calendar !!

Please lah, Teong, your support would mean a lot , leh !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home