Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Sunday, August 31, 2003

It has always been cooling and cold (at night) in Ipoh since I came back from Petaling Jaya on Thursday night. Making use of the Merdeka Day break, I joined thousands of Klang Valley folks (mostly young working adults and university/college students) travelling back to our respective hometowns; sometimes they call it mass exodus, though I was a bit earlier. Try to avoid the forseen heavy traffic along the PLUS highway.

Fooji: You reached? are flying? will fly? to Negeri Di Bawah Bayu, Sabah. Hey, enjoy man your vacation there! Hope you are able to read this before you are back in Peninsular.

Okies, how about me? What have I done since I was back on Thursday night? Nothing much except been printing my lecture notes, surfing some extra information for my thesis presentation after the Merdeka break, less blogging and embarking in blogs, reading up tutorials, articles, journals and books for my thesis. In fact, my main objective for the weekend is to concentrate and focus on my thesis.

You might be asking? Have I really achieved my objective? Nope really though I did spend a lot of time on it! I didn't go out "yum cha" and windows shopping and eyes washing but I spent 4 and a half hours just now, watching Justice Bao which was shown on TVB8 channel (channel34 of astro). Goodness! Madness!

Come back to my thesis... yeah! what am I doing for my thesis? The title is "Simulation of Quantum Gates"!!! Pretty complicated and complex huh?!?! I extremely, no doubt, feel so! I have been trying very hard indeed to figure out those calculations and algorithms. Phew! It takes effort, focus, concentration of 100% altogether. What a quantum world we are living in?!?!? HAHA...

Fooji has, too highly, looked up upon me, acknowledging me as one of the would be computer experts. Just to be frank, I know a little about computing even though I will be graduating as a UM computer science graduate in just a few months time. Hmmm... my foundation in programming, in C or C++ or Java, has never reached the amateur level yet! And I doubt, will I ever reach? I learned some basic, very very very basic indeed, Visual Basic, HTML, ASP, JavaScript, SQL Server 2000, IIS. I may know a lot on theoritical part (reading journals, forums, books, news, surfing the net) about almost anything in Computer Science. Technology and Engineering, but when when it comes to the technical part (programming or coding or anything else), I am just a mere toddler still learning how to make the first step with my own feet.

To know that I am supposed to know many things, yet I know nothing, I feel nervous and apprehensive. Perhaps, what Fooji always tell me is true... I am still young and raw, experience belum ade lagi... I shall see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home