Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Wednesday, April 16, 2003

posted originally in talkFirst,ActLater

Yet another Wednesday entry.
Not surprising, at home, and can’t concentrate on that bloody brain stem chapter, all i want to do is write something to the blog. Think I made 3 wrong decisions this week: - To return to college on Sunday; to return yesterday ; to agree to let Indah Water pump the shit out of my house
.


Which brings me to the topic – Indah Water
My father gave me grumblings over the decision, which made me, in the end, broke my word and refused to let them do it. Reason that my father give is that we are not going to pay for the charge of Rm 72 per year as ours are individual ‘private’ septic tanks, and used no service of Indah water. This issue has been lingering for some time, because we hardly notice the service and toils of Indah Water, and their lack of accountability too, to layperson like my father does not help the issue. So, I guess we are yet another household who turn a deaf year to them. Myself, I think no harm letting them do it, and pay the charges, but inevitably they will cause mess to my kitchen.


Really, Indah Water is one of the worst privatisation project. Why privatise this area in the first place? When you charge like that, typical Malaysians aren’t going to pay and appreciate,but if you charge hiddenly in water bills, ah…. I see ancient wisdom at work.
Those stupid PR campaigns don’t help too, it’s just too exaggerated and fake.If only they hire me to boost their corporate image

Check this out



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home