Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Fooji, thanks for the fast feedback. Yeap, I had read the news at Malaysiakini earlier. Hmmm, I don't have any comment regarding this matter. After all, I don't see and feel any big deal in it. Maybe it is just applicable to the medical students. If it happens elsewhere also, I don't think there would be anyone voicing and springing some issues that will raise eyebrows. I apologise for my ignorance.
PBL: I have to agree with what you mentioned. But somehow, I still feel that it is the worst education method or implementation. Again, maybe it is not applicable to my course. After all, we are just following what the faculty of medicine is implementing because the faculty has ISO status and recognition. Why I say PBL is bad? Hmmm...for courses like medicine, maybe discussion is the best way for students to share knowledge and learn, but courses that require lots of technical knowledge, calculation and thinking, I believe the old traditional ways are still better. Lecturers teach, students do works and go to lab for some practical. From time to time, students given some assignments and complete the assignments. Rather than give the students a scenario then ask the students to find the solutions. It is like ask a student to create a dynamic/moveable object when the student has yet to know F=ma. Get what I mean?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home