Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Kah Jin !! Fulamak ooi !!! Thanks for the sharing. God bless you, dear.

Kok Ming: LAN came to our fac a few months back. Due to my big mouth, I was 'put on the table' to attend a luncheon with them together with other reps from my batch and the first years. About 10 of us. It was stupid. We were supposed to talk and eat. They are supposed to ask us questions. I personally have a lot of complains lah about our syllabus. You know me lah, always complain. but already holding myself back, just to avoid washing dirty linens in front of strangers. Furthermore, the head of the LAN team is from UKM with cocky look, I don't really like telling him about the weaknesses of UM.
But what made me frustrated was, how two of the reps openly praised the system like it was really really good. What the heck? AS if everything is nice and that. Either they are really optimistic people, with no sense of real medical education, or they real big fat liars man. Sweet talking. AS if licking the dean's ass.

I did bring up one thing, that is the length of our second year which is too damn long, and compromising on our clinical period. A case of ambitious planning with no substance to support the aim. You know what happenned, weeks later, the deputy dean sounded us for telling the LAN that second year is too easy. I then clarified to him that I was the one who said it, and I said it was too long, not too easy. That ROBERT RICHARD is one big con-man who did not take my views seriously, and tried to imply that I am a kiasu for saying taht it was too long. Come on, every one, every senior said it, but I was the only who buat bising, and I am supposed to be kiasu ? But never mind lah, just that LAN bring bad memories to me. I think people in my FAC definitely bluffed them about how good our course is. Kok Ming, if UM can get accreditation with our over-ambitious NIC, I bet your SPICES can be easily accredited. I read your prospectus, it is good. But like waht you say: we really need good lecturers and good planning to implement all the great things we plan.

Teong: I am still blogging like mad. This time around, I am not too worried about exams. Like what i have blogged, I want look beyond that lah, cos doing darn well in exam aint good enough. It is not relevant to medicine actually. Furthermore, with our exam programme, I need only 30 more marks to pass. I alraedy have 60% accounted for through the 2 earlier exams. Hahaha....and blogging is too fun. But actually, i didn't spend too much time to blog lah, less that an hour. But I used other time to watch DVDs in Piow's room. By the way, nothing to blog in IkanBakar meh, Boon Teong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home