Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Sunday, March 14, 2004

Tauke Teong also welcomes Mr.Lim Kit Siang to Ipoh.

Ipoh Barat, Ipoh Timur and Batu Gajah will be seeing one-to-one fights. Battle of the DAP and MCA. Heavyweights are contesting in Kinta Valley, including a stupid funny-accent cocky speaking guy and an "artistic" civil engineer. And someone incompetent but lucky enough in his political career shifts to my state seat, which is a new state seat of Ipoh City Centre.

I will be casting my vote for the first time. Deep inside my heart, pure and burning, I hope to see a wind of change in Kinta Valley. I seriously believe Ipoh folks have given too much to the MCA. It is time to bring back the DAP! I am awfully sickened by MCA people and I just hope that Ipoh citizens will get rid of them.

I am saddened in a way that Ipoh folks particularly the older generation of the Chinese are still blindfolded. People were just saying that Kit Siang, if he wins, is due to sympathy votes. To me, for Kit Siang to win in Ipoh Timur and kicking out that arrogant Mr Thong is something to celebrate greatly and joyfully, maybe at the Beach Club at Jln Sultan Ismail. But the real and core matter is I want Kit Siang and other DAP members to win because of the knowing and understanding of Kinta Valley folks.

I can see that Kit Siang's chances to capture Ipoh Timur stand at 50-50. I am somehow pessimistic yet enthusiastic that the DAP will be able to make a comeback. More dangerous still is Miss Fong Po Kuan, since she will be facing MCA Perak biggest fish at Batu Gajah. If Miss Fong loses, it is going to be a huge lost to the Chinese community. How much she has fought for the public in the Parliament! If KC Ong wins, do you think he will be shouting and fighting for the social life of the people? NAH! He will tell you "Ooo.. your son cant enter Uni, never mind, MCA have set up for the Chinese a Uni itself, the UTAR, you can fill in the forms and get enrolled in any courses of your own choice". In the end, who grabs the money? Lebih lebih lagi he already said that he will consider building up more UTARs if he really makes it to the Parliament.

If the people of Ipoh have yet to see clearly, and conform still to their old mentalities that MCA will establish a more prosperous Chinese community, I shall shed my tears soon knowing that my first time voting will not bring a rocket change back to Ipoh.

To Mr Lim Kit Siang, Mr Kulasegaran and Miss Fong Po Kuan and other DAP state seats' candidates in Kinta Valley, I wish you all the best and my support goes to you all. Bring back DAP! To all Kinta Valley folks, be wise and don't get swayed by economical promises when your integrity is compromised! Come out and vote in full force for the DAP.

Happy campaigning too to all other DAP candidates in the whole of Malaysia!

P/S: I went through all the letters posted in Malaysiakini and somehow glad that there are a lot of Ipoh people just like me, seeing no progress in "kampung" Ipoh although it is called a city, and MCA has always been acting and talking sweet to bring development, true perhaps to their own businesses. Haha. Let us together vote for a better Ipoh and hope that DAP will be back in control of Kinta Valley. Rocket! Rocket! DAP! DAP!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home