Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Thursday, March 04, 2004

Li Yien's got something to say....

For I am the Lord, I do not change. Malachi 3:6


Imagine that somebody tell you this one day as u are doing your work,

"let me tell you something about God that you may already know or perhaps you don’t know. God doesn’t ever learn a thing. He knows all things. He doesn’t have to go on spying on people to discover what’s going on: he knows. Remember when you were in school and struggled in some class trying to learn something well, God cannot learn and has never learned. He doesn’t need to. He knows everything instantly. He knows everything equally well. He never wonders about anything, never discovers anything, and is never amazed by anything. He also knows all the possibilities that can happen.


As I read the passage above, an awful truth struck me. The fact that God never has to learn but it being describe as such by the author has open up a new paradigm for me.


As I approach the end of my sem, I realise that many of us make the stupidest mistake ever in our final semester. When we are suppose to be wise and already learnt our lessons well. I miscounted my credit hours and have to do another semester to complete my degree. Another friend hard disk went bonkers and all her work was unsaved in another file. Her whole thesis needs to be retype. Another friend turn up at her exam at 11.30am when her paper is at 8.30am. Because I have experience the agony of it all, I feel so much when I hear about all these things and I think that I’ll cry before they ever do. And I realise that because I had gone thru it earlier I can now say to them there is a purpose and a reason behind it all. Though I do know that it is very hard to accept it now. Hmm. The realisation that God knows everything makes me realise that he will never be confronted with something new. As oppose to us who are ever being greeted by new and surprising news everyday. Some make us laugh some made us cry. Some needs no response. As my friend had once remark to me, I learn that rain and sunshine makes a rainbow.


And the fact that God does not change adds on to his credibility. And that is a fact that is comforting!




the pooh fan,

liyien

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home