Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Finalizing..

After more than 1 month making soundless and acting no appearence virtually, today might be a splendid day for me to tune up my voice after sending the thesis report just now. So, at my current stage, I'm still have 1 more final paper to go on 8 of March before my unconscious graduation. Time went off swiftly and I realised that I'm not even sparing some time to digest and analysis my level of development, in terms of personality, skill, knowledge, interest, thinking maturity, and behaviour in my three-year time for my bachelor degree.

After all, it will another challenging and totally new environment for me, and it becomes my next step for a brighter future and merely as the normal life. I know that, the beginning step is quite difficult to start off, especially the step which will determine your future. Honestly said that I'm totally at my end of wits, and hardly find someone who is enduring and kind enough to share his or her acumen or discerning eyesight for a nimble step. I'm quite hesitated and scared to start, and that are the things I have revealed with fooji and teong before. Yup, in others' sight, I might in a stable and comfortable stage, enchoning that "tak payah takut lah, u got Petronas oledi". Haha.. if I really wait for the forth date called by Petronas for starting the job, I have to eat 50cent bread for my next half a year, I gauge.

I have attended 1 interview with Shell last week, and for the time being they don't have any reply to me. Worst comes to worst, I might be set off from the list due to my poor performance in expressing effectively my inner strengths, genuine characteristics, thinking maturity and my confident revelation. Personally, I have spotted my major weakness - the lacking confidence is still lingering around me and it is never-ending. I don't think it is the problem of language barrier, as I notice that I might face the same problem if speaking in other languages too. My confidence is gradually deminishing for day to day and sadly said I failed to find back myself. In fact I was not really busy as epected last few weeks since I still had my wee time over-indulging in Counter-Strike game in my computer lab with other pals. I was too lazy to upgrade myself, I was too lazy to read newspaper.. and lastly, I was too lazy to blog also here. It was a weird! And surely you can observe my tremendous drop of english fluency in writing.

So, the a good chance in getting into elite Shell was demonished by myself. I'm the person who should be blamed. Shell can guarantee a auspicious start and luxurious remuneration, but I never have this chance again. I sent to resume impulsively and did no preparation while attending the interview. In fact, for my current knowledge and wits, I don't think I'm qualified enough to be a part of Shell. What to do? karkin had made himself out of track and neither competitive ner marketibility.

Anyway, I will be attending another interview with Accenture this friday. Accenture is also a elite business consulting MNC and I believe that they will offer a deal also for their employee. Sad to reveal that I'm still not ready for that toughest questions and challenging evaluations during the interview session. Sigh!!! I guess I will miss another precious chance to get into a high-quality company again.

Fooji and teong, regarding the HSBC top 5 finalists, I can conclude that the panel of judges' appetite goes to something tangible and can specifically solve certain problem. The problem might sounds teething, but as long as the application can play a pivotal role and it sounds quite creative or innovative, they will the good, high-quality business plans. The finalists' brainchild ideas are like LINK (a small device will make sounds if the owner abandon it), QFree (a solution to solve the long queue in supermarket by putting every purchase at a certain place for scanning and after that the buyers just need to do payment at the cashier), Wireless device Charging System (the idea which is quite similiar with Saim's one) amd Remote Utilities Meter System (I'm not sure about this). If compared with our business plan, as fooji said, it gave a ideal impression to the panel of judges and secondly, we can't impress them with our intangible "click-and-mortar" business service, which sounds like solving nothing realistically. Sigh again!!!

I need to strive hard to gain a room in this marketplace... Currently market value falls to someone who is achievement-oriented, persuasive and effective communicator, analytical problem solver and decision maker with creative mind, team player, and emotional intelligent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home