Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Thursday, February 12, 2004

Fooji is still very reluctant to get over his guilt for losing my Motorola handphone. He is an apologetic guy, which is good in certain manners. I just want to let him know that I will definitely give him the chance to treat me a superb luxurious dinner, to satisfy his guilt! =) Definitely going to slaugther him!

Having presented my final year project earlier today, I know my study in UM is coming to an end. It was just a normal presentation, anyway. Nothing much to show about my thesis. Nothing to boast. Nothing to be proud of. It is just a simple thingy after all. It will definitely not help me much in providing more chances for me to land a job. Unlike many who have done huge interactive useful dynamic database-driven website, which they can actually use to show to the interviewers, I have not much, nothing in fact to show.

I have always been telling people and myself that I am graduating soon. But never realised it can be as soon as in about 2 to 3 weeks time from now! What? Have I sent my resume? Or rather have I done it? Haha.. pretty funny! My resume is half-way done only! Nervous and yet still relax! A real shit thing about me is I am too relaxed, I feel heavy and burdensome to move myself! This is real bad thing! Many tools and technologies or what we call in a layman term, stuffs, I have not picked up. ASP.Net, IIS, PHP, SQL Server, XML, SOAP, CORBA, ADO and whatever you are able to name, I am sure I am a moron to them. Even stuffs that I consider of knowing or having knowledge in, like C++ and Java, I actually know nuts. Very hard to apply for a job in computing or software industry with my low level of knowledge and lack of inspire to pursue and learn!

Valentine's Day is just around the corner. My roommate has started to order a bouquet of don't know what flowers. I am sure many other guys are doing the same, either for their girlfriends or girls they want to court. Will I do the same? I am wondering. My family never taught me of the tradition to celebrate birthdays or buying gifts at special occasions. In short, when it comes to buying gifts, I will feel weird. Neither I don't love nor I hate giving. It is just that, I am brought up in such a way that to me, to show love or to be loved, not necessarily need to be in a form of gift. Typical conservative Asian or China man thinking huh?!

As many as are celebrating Valentine's, to those single guys like me, I want to share a flash movie with you all. It is in Mandarin, though. Click here to go to the website.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home