Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Friday, March 05, 2004

March 2004 - A Month Full of Events

1stly - For the first time in my life, I am beginning a new life no longer as a full time student. Currently, it can be officially said that I am unemployed for a week now. Seeking employment is the first major thing that I am somehow "obliged" by nature to do!

2ndly- First time in my life also that I am going to vote for a representative to be placed in the Malaysian Parliament. My one vote doesn't seem to bring about any significant impact but it might bring about changes in the new Malaysian government.

3rdly - First time in my life that I am going to see little Benjamin celebrates his first birthday.

There are more to come! Mr Lim Kit Siang is poised to contest in the Ipoh Timor parliamentary seat. Something great to me! My hope is that, the people in my beloved hometown, Ipoh, especially the Chinese, come out in full force to vote on March 21st.

I am in no level or position to force or to persuade or to convince them to vote for those whom I am supporting (if you know me well, you will definitely know who my vote will go to), but what I have to say is, vote consciously and see for yourself how much Ipoh has developed or progressed under the incumbents and how much unnecessary invaluable "materials" are placed by them in Ipoh, which actually serve no purpose. Perhaps you might need to consult our Civil Engineer Mr Ho Cheong Sing, who was also the MP for Ipoh Barat as to why certain main roads are getting smaller in a way, after many unnecessarily tiled-road dividers are erected.

If you don't understand what I am saying, try to recall the last time you were driving from the Perak Stadium or Fair Park, heading towards the Ipoh Hospital, at the traffic lights in front of the new mosque, and you turn right, don't you think that stupid tiled divider is shrinking the turning point and causing a lot of accidents! As far as I am concerned, at junctions where there are heavy traffics, the roads should be widened and not beautified. Perhaps the civil engineering course Mr Ho took was a bit different, beauty should be always placed above safety.

Mr Ong Ka Chuan, Perak MCA chairman, is contesting in Batu Gajah? He commented (I read through The Star), that he is willing to sacrifice his safe Chenderiang seat, and to contest in a 50-50 chances of winning seat at Batu Gajah (held by our beloved and enthusiastic young lady lawyer Miss Fong), because he wants to bring more development to Kinta Valley. Haha. I grinned as I was reading. Come on, Mr Ong (not me), you are the Perak MCA chairman, if you want to develop Kinta Valley, you could actually done so for the past years. A sad thing is that after so many years only you realise that it is under-developed, and you want to run away from Chenderiang. Anyway, I am really hoping that Miss Fong will come out stronger this time around. My support goes to her.

Meanwhile, I am wondering how things are going to happen at Ipoh Timor? Mr Lim Kit Siang has yet to give the confirmation that he is for sure challenging my fellow schoolmate, Mr Thong Fah Chong. Anyway, it is good that Mr Thong is so confident of retaining his seat but I am just hoping that someone is able to bring him down.

What I hope to see is, the Kinta Valley will see some sort of its own revolutions! Ipoh Barat, Ipoh Timor and Batu Gajah are always deemed as hot seats, seeing straight fights between the DAP and MCA, and the MCA has been in control of the state's capital for two terms, and I am just hoping that my first time voting will see a "rocket" CHANGE in my beloved "Kampung" Ipoh, although from the mentality of the people there, I know to bring a "rocket" change, phew, it is hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home