Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Monday, July 19, 2004

Another week has passed by swiftly. Things were eventful and interesting for me that I felt that time has passed by so quickly.
 
Ward work, studies, weekend, badminton, street soccer, ping pong, Malaysian Care 25th anniversary, meeting friends, making friends, God calling me back and all that…wow, this has been yet another great week of a superb July.
 
How has it been for you guys? How was LiYien’s interview? How is Teong’s one?
 
By virtue that I have volunteered during my vacation in New Horizons, I was invited to a paid seat at the Malaysian Care 25th anniversary Thanksgiving dinner. I am glad I decided to go, although getting there and coming back to Klang without a car is quite troublesome.
 
I marvel at how some people gave their lives to social work like the staff and full-time volunteers in Malaysian Care. I admire medical students who still find time to be actively involved in the care for people with special needs, students and others.
 
It was inspiring to listen to the speech of Peter Young, the founder and current patron of Malaysian Care. He said: The public sector need servants like us – in education, in healthcare, in security – the police, the armed forces. The NGOs like Malaysian Care, AIDS Council are in need of more servants. Too much emphasis has been placed on the private sector where the monetary rewards are.
 
God is calling me back. My chronic sins need eradication. The work in my youth class in church needs acceleration, and my motivation in my medical studies needs some re-oiling. Perhaps, the dreams and vision was not in place for a long time since first year. 
 
Time is running out, the only regret is that I do not get enlightened much earlier, but then again, whatever inspiration I get, it always threatened to be contaminated by subsequent indifference and lack of perseverance.
 
Life is a journey. It would be stupid just to sit on a boring old bus during the entire journey, looking at some people who has to walk, while wishing to be on a plane.
 
Am I making sense to you guys?
 
I repeat: It is time to want to serve again, and for the purpose of service, I shall equip myself with good skills and knowledge. Now, that is real motivation, isn’t it? 
  
  
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home