Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Saturday, March 20, 2004

I parked my car at the Kinta Medical Centre, and get myself walking all the way to Chin Woo Hall. A lot of cars were already parked by the roadside then and this did serve as an indication that the crowd was huge. As I was walking towards the hall, I could hear the voice of a man, speaking out loud and clearly, enthusiastically and in an eloquent and fluent mixture of Mandarin, English and Malay.

As I was at the street of Ali Pitchay (I am not too sure), I could see the intense atmosphere. People, really a lot of them, standing, to listen to the speech delivered by my favourite politician, Mr Lim Guan Eng. I stood on the street, looking at the big screen outside the hall and paying attention to what Guan Eng had to say.

Truly, that was my first time hearing his speech. Simply marvellous and charismatic. Thong Fah Chong got to really pay tuition fees to learn more! After finishing his speech, he rushed to somewhere, I am not so sure where, but I managed to shook his warm right hand. Something which I feel really honored!

Later, around 11.15pm, the crowd was in high spirit as Mr Lim Kit Siang made his way to the pulpit. Uncles and aunties were just busy saying in Cantonese "Lam Kat Seong gong yeh lor.." He started off with the explanation as to why Tun Dr Mahathir came to Ipoh when the latter in his speech earlier on, said that the people need not opposition in the Parliament.

The ceramah ended at 12am. I stayed back a while because I want to make use of the opportunity to talk and shake hands with Lim Kit Siang and other members. There were actually many other young working adults too who as eager as I am just came back from Klang Valley to see him and to vote this Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home