Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Goodness! Boon Teong screwed up a heavenly great opportunity!

I am still regretting over what I did a couple of minutes ago before I reached here, my faculty's lab. I woke up a litter bit earlier than usual, around 9 to 9 something. Awaken by my sister's call from Ipoh. It seems that our PC back there in the quiet city is in crunch again! Sigh! It is old.

Never mind that. After all, I had already planned to wake up early to go the post office and send a Christmas card to my good friend in Australia. Hence, I was there in Perdanasiswa compound doing and finishing up all my formal tasks for the day. It was still early then. Therefore I decided to take a stroll at the Pekan Buku, where I came upon an article entitled "Americanization of Toyota".

It took me about half and hour before I made my move. As I was walking back to the car park at the library, I saw the back of a girl. Familiar. Yes but couldn't be her I told myself. At that moment, I kept on recalling the look of Rachel, whom I admire and had just seen once before this.

I was jokingly reminding myself "Nah! This aint Rachel! Can't be so coincident to be able to meet her here. If the girl in front of me is really Rachel, I have long invited her and fetch her back to faculty. Not purposely after all because I am going there also!". I continued my nonsense reasoning, this and that, and following at the back of the girl until I got into my car.

I left the parking slot. Looked back. Damm!!! It is really Rachel!!! I was like... gosh! fuming over my stupidity! There flies my "lifetime" opportunity! Arghhhh! I am pretty sure that she is not going to reject my offer if I were to ask... just ask alone will do the trick... and she was alone lah Boon Teong!!!

The moral of the story is don't try to make jokes or fun of something. The impossible that you always think can be possible. Recalling back what my housemate told me once "Chance knocks.... but once.... why wait!"... hahaha... shall I cry?! or shall I see from another different perspective... hey, I am finally able to confirm my first impression on Rachel... she is sweet... so much to ponder...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home