Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Saturday, January 03, 2004

One of my new year resolution is to have good health. And for this purpose, hill hiking become one of my spending spree at dusk. But, I need to have a swift action of my exercise plan when I was back to KL yesterday night, especially when school starts on coming Monday, where I will be burdened or prepped with lot of works. Thus, I opt for morning jogging at UM campus 3-4 times per week, which the days fall to Wednesday or Friday and during weekend.

This morning was too comfy for me to wake up from my soggy bedroom. My alarm rang at 7am but I defered my daily routine after half an hour because I missed my bed very much. After taking up my sport shoe, I rode off my way to campus.

It was quite late when I arrived the exercise spot at 8.20am, which near to Second residential college. The wheather was getting hotter and less humid. Without any delay and warm-up exercise, I started jogging along the roadside. After resting for 2 days without any exercise, I was poised to finish the whole campus route, with my ludicrous thought. My legs became enervating when I reached my second turn from Perdanasiswa to Science faculty. Phew! I was totally out of the blue. I can't believe that with the absence of any companion, I was so lacklustre to propel myself to run. Both my legs became "disobedient" apparently, urging their master to hail immediately. My breathe was still normal without exhausted, but both legs were too enervating to proceed. Thus, I stopped jogging when I reached somewhere near third college. I didn't even have any motivation to stride uphill and finally I ended up with a turn back.

What is the problem? I don't fathom. I expect myself to be strived off harder especially my marvelleous training when I went for hiking last time. I could hike "4-2" with non-stop and steady paces. After reaching the relaxing station, I even can proceed myself to "Garden". After a short break and long inhale of the fresh air on the windswept horizontal ground, I even could do 20-minutes jogging around the circle lane which is near by, before it came to my enormous satisfaction of beading sweat. But, to my astonishment, I hardly feel the sense of complacency of dropping countable sweat due to my lacklustre performance this morning.

I guess the missing part of warm-up session is the key of my poor effort. Last time, I need to walked a quite far distance to reach "4-2" entrance. Obviously, my muscle were amply warmed-up before I started my hard journey.

I have spotted a place nearby which is quite suitable for me to jog. Riding back to campus is not so encouraging because my body will re-absorb the beaded sweat when I'm on my way back home, besides petrol comsuption and time consuming.

After having an invigorating shower, I feel much rejuvenated. And I can carry on my daily work with high spirit and tangibly it will much effective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home