Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Tuesday, December 23, 2003

A Can Of Vanilla Coke

After eating my 4 dishes economy rice at RM 2.30, I bought a packet of ice to be filled with vanilla coke. Thanks Adeline for buying me one can of it at Jusco One-U on Saturday. It tastes real different and special, a vanilla flavour without depreciating the cola aroma!

This can of vanilla coke reminds me of how fortunate I am. I simply paid 30 cents and there I got my packet of ice. Whenever I complain about the warm heat burning sunlight, I am able to cool my body down with 30 cents. 30 cents isnt much after all! That's how fortunate I am.

For someone in countries like Sri Lanka, Indonesia or maybe Nepal, that 30 cents is hell huge amount of money! This is a weird world. When you complain of having little compared to the millionaires around you, there are millions around the world who are just begging for the 30 cents you pay for a packet of ice here.

I am thinking, if I can't make it to Seattle, why not consider a mission trip huh?! Perhaps I should follow me senior pastor to Indonesia. Though I know I am not that mentally and spiritually strong to encounter all those warfares, I am seriously looking forward to be able to receive the green light from God and "Go to all around the world". That's God's commission.

Really thank God that I have abundant. I can smile. I can walk, I can yum cha, I can go online and even I can admire someone like Rachel. Many had laboured in prayers for me to come to know God. After knowing Him, I see beauty in life, I see love, and I see compassion. I have been prayed for, now it is my duty to pray for those who need Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home