Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Thursday, December 18, 2003

Dear friends that I love,

It is the Christmas time again. And the end of the year again. There are many reasons to rejoice and also lament for what have been going on and had happenned throughout this year.

Regrets, and triumphs here and there. In my personal life and around the world. Of some private disasters and love stories to the war and capture of Saddam, of impending doom to the world, and the bright hope beyond it....

Whatever it is, God has indeed given me yet another indescribable experience with Him and without Him in 2003. The fact that I am still cheerful, interested, confident to continue the walk and the work proves that God is blessing me richly.

In the season of Christmas, many would take the opportunity to celebrate and to 'sin' with style, while many of the faithful ones would remember and celebrate the birth of Christ into the world, marking the return of our souls back to God's bosom. For me, to thank God for Christ is a every-day thingy, and not just in the Christmas season. However, a festive season like this, is good to renew ourselves in God, and also for a good family and friends getting together kind of thing.

This year, it would not be really a time of relaxation and rest. I do have a day off on Christmas day, but then it would be work again till New Year. However, thankfully to the Chongs, I think I am going to have a great Christmas nevertheless.
To my friends, I want to wish you -

Merry Christmas, and may God give you a blessed new year !!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home