Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Teong's blog recalled me of an article titled "Appreciation". It was printed in a chinese newspaper which I watched it long time ago, yet its content is still vividly entrenched in my mind. This is how it roughly sounds like:

"
Every morning, I am awaken by my annoying alarm clock. Yet, I feel thankful. There are many deaf people around.
I hate the morning sunshine, which beams into my messy room through semi-opened rustic windows. It acts like urging me to get out of my cosy slumberland. Yet, I'm obliged. There are many blind people around.
After brushing my teeth and washing face, I rushed downstairs to have my tasteless and never-changed breakfast. Yet, I feel grateful. There are many people who are starving all the time in many countries throughout the world.
After punching my card, I start my daily routine in the office. As usual, I am always reprimanded by my boss of being remiss and incapability in accomplishing even tiny stuff. Yet, I'm so grateful. There are many jobless people which greatly effected by the economic recession.
Sometimes, I might feel jealous on others who might be the good pianists, prestigious artists, young charismatic public speakers, culinary wizards, astute entrepreneurs et cetera. Yet, I feel appreciative. There are many people are still suffered of the violent and never-stop wars...
In a nutshell, I might not be the top leader who can administrate hundreds or thousands of people. I don't have the ancient-borned talent that naturally draw or play well, speak fluently and walk confidently, but at least I own a healthy body and live in a political-stable country. I have my happy family; I have a group of friendly and true buddies; and I have an understanding couple, who will be stay my side to share my splendid and sadness. I have nothing to complaint, and in fact I don't have the right to appeal - with the fact that they are so many people throughout the world who never own even single privilege that I mentioned. They were borned in such a circumstance that totally out of their control.
So, stop complaining and pointing our finger towards other people faults now. Instead, we should start admiring our lifestyle and feel grateful with every owning. Life is short and unpredictable. We can't estimate what will happen tomorrow, but at least we can control Eliminate your jealousy and live cruddly, as well as give our sincere heart and willingness to help the needy.
"

After reading this article, I admit that I partially agree with writer's heartfelt message. However, there are some questions stirring in storm in my mind. I would like to finalise that I'm very grateful with my current situation. I give my thumb up with all my privileges - healthy body, happy family, true friends and stable country etc. But I will be self-annoyed to some of my weak spots. Being in my situation currently, I can't be just staying grateful with my belongings and no enthusiasm to excel or propel. There are many outsiders who are never-ending observing on my continuum. My failure will be disappointing those who have a high expectation on me, or will be bring someone with sense of jubilations.

I'm trying to seek my balancing point to eliminate my pressures of staying at the top. The fight to stay at the top will be brutal, which is always my sobering thought. I found myself having the limited knowledge to face the world challenges. Darwinisme of "The fittist will be surviving" is realistically applied in our daily life. So as said, I will be always grateful, and treating the extra "gains" are used for self-strengthen and self-equipped. Living with moderation would be much easier than struggling for extavanganze.

Anyway, I'm really hoped that I can fly to Seattle. I might be the one who knows well that I'm impossible to have any subsiadies from anyone. I need to work hard by myself for my better life, as well as my family's. Winner tour to Seattle might be an essential turning point of my future. The reason behind is very simple - if we can fly to Seattle, indicating we also successfully garner vast opportunities for other purposes.

I wish I can work hard for my children life. I hope they can become good pianist, prestigious artist, charismatic public speaker or singer or astute entrepreneur...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home