Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Sunday, December 28, 2003

Life become so relaxing and comfy for me after 3 days back to Ipoh. The air here is much fresher, rejuvenating and unpolluted. The rhythm of lifestyle here is gentle, thanks to the moderation of urban and rural area development here. My days back for vacation are seamless hectic with stuffs, yet they are all my favourites, giving me a feeling of complacency and serenity. There is no rush of reading newspaper or going lectures, and it is the time to sit down steadily, savouring or having culinary delights for a total relaxation.

After the first day back to Ipoh, I have committed myself to go hiking at Kledang Hill, which is situated near to my house. There is a small path along the middle way to the entrance of small hill called "4-2". It is named like this merely because of its situation as one of the milestone to the peak of hill. It is a good location to squawk about it, which frequently becomes my regularly-visited place when I'm back for vacation. Standing on the top of the hill and being blowed with the gentle breeze is really an invigorating experience. The previous gloomy days seem have been stayed behind, and replacing them is a splendid weather.

"4-2" is not an easy hike to go for, especially for those who seldom go for hiking. For the last few days, I had to stop regularly to catch my breath and took about 30 minutes to reach the final rest station (because my rival Fooji is not by my side to propel me..). yet yesterday I was fully infused with stamina to reach the destination with non-stop and the whole hike was taking less than 20 minutes! Afterwards I walked downhill so that I could get another stroll to go uphill to another spot which is called "Garden". It is a place for relaxation and scenery view. The place is facilitated with various exercise equipments, a circle-shaped lane, and a newly renovated rest station. Normally the hill climbers and natural lovers prefer to have their exercises and "Qi Gong" there, especially early in the morning or before dusk.

The view by standing in this horizontal ground was really wonderful panoramic. The whole Menglembu's view is spectacularly beautiful, especially with the coming of dusk. Surrounding the windswept hill is the real grass and pebbles, forming a ground cover bordered by hedges of evergreen bushes and ferns for a tropical look. I'm so regret of my forgetfulness to borrow digital camera from my roommate and as the result I miss the chance to have these panoramic shot.

So, this will be one of my schedule during this one-week vacation, in order to have a slimmer body, besides for healthy purpose (at the same time I'm undergoing my diet plan too..hihi..). Likewise, I will allocate some sprees to write my thesis report, finish up the rest of my assignments, and learn the bunches of Ita+Fre+Deu+Jap words before I get prepped with my tedious CRM development after school break. The viva rehearsal will fall on 16Jan, and faculty night is on 11Jan. The HSBC finalists will be announced before CNY. Thus, I might slightly adjust my timetable, which at least accomplish my thesis development, which still leaves some parts of validation, session and other debugging.

Other than that, I also pay visits to my grandmum and aunt, as well as call my alumni out for yum cha. Besides equipping and refreshing myself for school start, vacation is also an opportune occasion to foster the bilateral relationships with relatives and friends, by paying them a visit. In my view, It might not be a good attitude to just stay at home and be isolated with the world, except you really need a temporary privacy and some space to rest.

I also helped my mum to tidy up my house because CNY is around the corner. Besides this, it is the responsibility of a son too to accompany her to go shopping and buy new festive apparels. Ha.. I had my good "harvest" of reaping chance to buy my CNY clothes, cyber night apparel and some long-sleeve shirts.

It is dawning of a new year soon. So what is your resolution? Have you planned for rosy anticipations in 2004? Be adhered to your belief so that your dreams come true.

Ganbatte kudasai!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home