Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Saturday, August 28, 2004

Liu Xiang - Asian Hero

Just a few seconds ago, remarkably, the Chinese young man made his country, me and I am sure many other Asians as well proud of his achievement; winning the gold medal for the men's 110m hurdles with an olympic record of 12.91secs. A warning to the Westerners that Beijing is all geared up for 2008 perhaps? Whatever, his feat has tremendously electrified me as I was just hoping that at least an Asian can win one of the short-sprinting track event. Liu Xiang has realised my dream or rather my hope and he proved that Asia juga Boleh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home