Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

School started today, for UM people as well as all the primary and secondary schools' students, but nevertheless, I have numbed my feeling of excitement or jubilation. I still need to embrace the times and the earth is still rotating. Everything is prevalently passed off and there was no freaky monday, except the NASA group in California sending off the robotic features as farthest afield to Mars for any living breakthrough.

As usual, I arrived at school as early as 8 o'clock in the morning to carry on my tedious thesis, after my short yet invigorating semester break. I understand that it is pointless to grumble as what I have postulated - everything will be fine and everyone still needs to work with sweat and toil with their never-ending assignments no matter how boring the life is. Thank god that I finished my mid-term exams before the vacation, and hence - what a consolatory relief for me to face the daily hectic life being a third-year IT student. But nevertheless, I was kinda enervating to start off my works also, with my heart wandering out of direction.

After switching on the computer, and getting online, I feel a bit ashamed while reading my good friend fooji's short yet eloquent message, which expressed his heartfelt thankfulness to someone who came along with him before. My humiliation, due to the great contract between my previous dissatisfaction and turbulence with his gratefulness and sincerity, was internally told off in my mind.

Sometimes, we might think that we should be grateful of all the givings to us - the peace, the health, a happy family, the love, and the prosperity. But, when we are greatly dissolved ourselves into the real life, we will unsconsciously be trucked by some freaky events, or some unsavoury languages, or even get grouchy and disheartened by self weak spots - such as lack of confidence, timid and lunatic action, dilemma et cetera. Being in that circumstances, our soul of gratefulness is chipped away and begun enveloping with complaints which pervade in every nook and cranny.

There is no impeccable creature in this planet, that's why the world we live is so turbulent, with its money-obsessed citizens. But, if we are grateful and moderate almost all the time, we are categorised as the luckiest group..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home