Ipoh, Perak Darul Ridzuan, Malaysia

At the heart of Kinta Valley. The capital city of the state of Perak. An opposition stronghold. Factory of brilliant people. Desolated through emigration of its inhabitants to other parts of the country and overseas. Yet... it is forever remembered by its people.

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

A Second In Time

O Ngaaa...
Breaks the silence,
From a zygote to a foetus to an infant,
cuddled in the arms, with warmth and love.
My pursed lips and rivulets of streaming saliva,
slumbering away in soft lullabies.

Mummy...
Shouts of exuberance,
of joys, laughter and curiosities.
In the playground the swift, subtle motion,
of chasing excited six year olds,
with Barbies or Hot Wheels leading the way.

Alright Dad...
Answered a reluctant me,
From wee-hour parties to bottles of cranberry-flavoured vodka,
Rebellious and Wilful - that was it!
Strong headed, imperious and ugly... yet
Beautiful in the folks' eyes.

Go son... go for it...
My new responsibilites and duties,
Playing a triadic role
of father, son and spouse,
Being with my love and the imps till eternity...
through weakness and strength, happiness and sorrow.

Great work my boy...
Age crept in quickly and quietly,
Old, useless, ruddy and rusty,
With my trusty, tawdry walking stick,
I strut slowly and gracefully,
under the dark, silent, peaceful, breezy night... towards the rising sun of tomorrow.

The poem above is Arthur Too's genuine product. Arthur Too, a boy with the words, shines ablaze in Wellington College in New Zealand. The poem above, was written by him a week after his father in Muar passed away. He, nonetheless, was not able to attend his father's funeral due to the financial constraint. What a real story from the paper. I heartfeltly compassionate to him.

Nevertheless, he had converted his sorrow into unleashed power and later came out with this poem, which garnered a recognition from his school director, and was successfully selected for inclusion in "Re-Draft 3", a compilation of writings by young Australians and New Zealanders.

If we read the poem with passion, we will notice: there are 5 chronological life of a person, and a great reminder for people who gradually lose their identity and start grumbling, dismay, and despair. The morale of the poem: we should appreciate every second lin our life and most important point that have been carried out is - we should cherish our loved one, make them happy and never let them feel worry and anxious about us.

Last few couple of weeks I was enveloped with sombre atmosphere, due to some personal affairs. Nevertheless, I was almost back to my pace recently. I should know, my parent are my tower of spirit, and I owe them so much, especially my mum. I should strive hard, and focus on my career first for the time being for a brighter future for myself as well as my parent.

Thus, Arthur's poem really gives me a valuable story. I wish him the best, always be cheerful and optimistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home